Marlin Primes Eugene Bit
Leni Gas & Oil plc announced the imminent arrival of the jackup Ocean Columbia (250' ILC) at the Eugene Island Field in the US Gulf of Mexico.
As previously announced in December 2011 the Company has approved additional drilling at the Eugene Island-184 leases operated by Marlin Energy LLC ("Marlin") where LGO holds a 7.25 percent working interest.
Marlin has informed LGO that the rig is now being released by the previous operator and it is expected to be mobilized to the Eugene Island platform shortly. The rig move is weather dependent; however, the operator anticipates commencing drilling operations next week.
The first planned operation is the A-2ST01 well, a sidetrack of the existing A-2 well, which targets reserves in the Tex X2 sandstones. A total of 16 days have been budgeted for the drilling and evaluation. Further drilling and recompletions work at EI-184 is expected to follow the A-2ST01 well.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Marlin Spuds GOM Eugene Island Well (Feb 17)
- Marlin Primes Eugene Bit (Jan 26)
- Marlin to Commence GOM Drilling Early 2012 (Dec 01)
Company: Leni Gas & Oil plc more info
- Leni Sees Goudron Well Flow at 700 Barrels per Day (Sep 17)
- Leni Drills 5th Well in Trinidad Development Campaign (Aug 21)
- Leni Appoints New Finance Director (Aug 07)