BHP Billiton Issues Termination Notice for Transocean Rig
Otto Energy Ltd has received confirmation from farm-in partner, BHP Billiton, that it has issued a termination notice for Transocean's rig Deepwater Expedition (UDW drillship) due to the rig not passing key acceptance tests.
BHP Billiton has advised that it is progressing preparations to commence drilling the Cinco well and will provide an update on rig status when available.
Service Contract 55 is currently in Sub-Phase 4 which requires the drilling of the Cinco-1 deepwater well by August 5, 2012. Otto advises that at this point the date for commencement of drilling of the Cinco well is yet to be confirmed and will continue to update shareholders as information becomes available.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Otto Energy more info
- Philippines DOE Grants Moratorium on Palawan Basin's SC55 Work Program (Jun 17)
- Otto Launches Legal Action Against Swala Over Tanzania's Pangani License (May 13)
- Otto Energy Updates on Drilling at SM-71 #1 Discovery in the Gulf of Mexico (Apr 27)