Aker Solutions Lands Umbilicals Gig for Lucius Field
Aker Solutions has been awarded a contract for eight steel tube umbilicals by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation for the Lucius field located in the Gulf of Mexico. The contract value is undisclosed.
The scope of work includes the project management, design, engineering, and manufacturing of two electro/hydraulic dynamic production umbilicals, two gas lift dynamic umbilicals, three electro/hydraulic infield umbilicals and one gas lift infield umbilical, including all associated ancillary equipment required for installation and interface with the existing development. These umbilicals will utilise the patented Aker Solutions PVC profile matrix, which provides both predictable estimates of fatigue and friction, and improved crush and impact resistance.
"This contract award is an excellent step towards our goal of supplying equipment for Anadarko across many product lines, including umbilicals," said Tove Røskaft, executive vice president of Aker Solutions' umbilicals business area.
Management, engineering and manufacturing of the umbilicals will be performed at Aker Solutions' facility in Mobile, Alabama.
Final deliveries will be made in 3Q 2013.
The Lucius field is located in the Gulf of Mexico approximately 275 miles (442 kilometers) southwest of Fourchon, Louisiana in Keathley Canyon (KC) Block 874, 875 and 919, in a water depth of approximately 7 000ft (2 100 meters).
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)