FMC Technologies Purchases Remaining Schilling Stake
FMC Technologies has given notice to exercise its purchase option for the remaining 55 percent of outstanding shares of Schilling Robotics LLC ("Schilling"). The transaction is expected to close on or about March 30, 2012. FMC purchased its existing 45 percent interest in Schilling and obtained the purchase option in 2008.
Schilling is a leading producer of remotely operated vehicles ("ROVs"), ROV manipulator systems, control systems and other high-technology equipment and services for oil and gas subsea exploration and production. FMC and Schilling have collaborated on a variety of projects and technology advances over the past three years, including an innovative control system for Petrobras' Congro/Corvina project that will use subsea robotics technology to operate the manifold and separation station valves.
"We are pleased that Schilling will become part of FMC," said John Gremp, Chairman, President and CEO of FMC Technologies. "Their technologies will help us develop additional solutions to further strengthen our subsea leadership position."
Tyler Schilling, Chairman and President of Schilling, added, "Since partnering with FMC in 2008, we have expanded our global presence and participated in some of the industry's most innovative projects. Our employees are excited about joining FMC and the future opportunities that exist to develop subsea technologies for our customers."
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)
Company: Schilling Robotics more info
- FMC Technologies Finalizes Schilling Acquisition (Apr 25)
- Subsea 7 Adds Schilling Robotics HD Systems to Fleet (Feb 14)
- FMC Technologies Purchases Remaining Schilling Stake (Jan 03)