Otto Executes Final Farm-In Agreements Offshore Palawan
Otto Energy announced Wednesday that it has executed the final farm‐in agreements supporting BHP Billiton's earlier decision to enter into Service Contract 55, Offshore Palawan, Philippines.
The execution of the final documents follows the previously announced decision by BHP Billiton to exercise their farm‐in option in May 2011. With the execution of these final farm‐in agreements, Otto will receive a final payment relating to back costs associated with SC55 of US$7.3 million, of which $5 million has already been received.
Otto will submit the required assignment documents to the Philippine Department of Energy for their approval of the transfer of participating interest to BHP Billiton.
"2012 is an exciting year for Otto shareholders as we prepare for drilling of the Cinco prospect in SC55, offshore Palawan in the Philippines during the second quarter. More importantly for Otto shareholders, there is a depth of opportunity beyond this first well in our acreage portfolio that provides ongoing exploration and development potential," said Otto's Chief Executive Officer Gregor McNab.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Otto Energy more info
- Philippines DOE Grants Moratorium on Palawan Basin's SC55 Work Program (Jun 17)
- Otto Launches Legal Action Against Swala Over Tanzania's Pangani License (May 13)
- Otto Energy Updates on Drilling at SM-71 #1 Discovery in the Gulf of Mexico (Apr 27)