Contract for Xikomba FPSO Inked
SBM Offshore announced Wednesday on behalf of its Joint Venture companies with Sonangol, Sonasing and OPS that contracts for the twelve year charter and operation of FPSO Xikomba for the block 15/06 development, offshore Angola have been executed with ENI Angola SpA. This order had been previously announced under a Letter of Intent (LOI) on 15 April 2011.
The development plan involves relocation of the existing FPSO Xikomba, which has been operated under contract for ExxonMobil in Angola since 2003. The unit will undergo a major upgrade in order to meet the new project specific requirements. Part of that work will be performed in the PAENAL yard in Angola.
The investment required for the upgrade and relocation of the FPSO Xikomba will be comparable to a large FPSO conversion project.
First production from the FPSO is planned for 2014.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)