Eni Commences Seismic Survey at Permit NT/P68
MEO has received notification from the permit operator, Eni Australia Ltd (Eni), that acquisition of the Bathurst 3D seismic data over the Blackwood East area of permit NT/P68 has commenced. The field acquisition program is expected to be complete within 50 days.
Under the terms of the Farm-in Agreement, Eni will pay MEO's share of the costs to acquire and process the 3D seismic survey and will have 365 days from completion of the acquisition to elect whether or not to exercise its option to drill, and pay 100 percent of the cost of the Blackwood-2 well in order to retain its 50 percent interest in the Blackwood gas discovery.
Eni has contracted the CGG Veritas seismic vessel, M/V Veritas Viking II to acquire the 698 km2 seismic survey (named the Bathurst 3D Seismic Survey).
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: MEO Australia Ltd more info
- MEO Australia Seeks Shareholder Approval to Rename Firm as Melbana Energy (Sep 28)
- MEO Australia: 4 Companies Interested in Beehive Farm-Out Deal (Sep 12)
- MEO Australia Provides Update on Projects in Australia, NZ & Cuba (Aug 15)