Det norske Granted N. Sea Drilling Permit
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Det norske oljeselskap ASA a drilling permit for well 25/6-4 S, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Well 25/6-4 S will be drilled from the drilling facility Songa Delta (MW semisub) at position 59°41'10.27"N 02°53'01.23"E after the facility has completed its five-year classification at the Coast Center Base (CCB) at Ågotnes outside Bergen.
The drilling program for well 25/6-4 S applies to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 414. Det norske is the operator with a 40 percent ownership interest. The other licensees are Faroe Petroleum Norge AS, Bayerngas Norge AS and Norwegian Energy Company ASA (Noreco) with 20 percent each.
The area in this license consists of parts of blocks 25/3, 5 and 6. The well will be drilled in the central part of the North Sea about 20 kilometers southeast of the Frøy field and 37 kilometers northeast of the Heimdal field.
Production license 414 was awarded on January 16, 2007 (APA 2006). This is the first well to be drilled in the license area.
The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before commencing drilling activities.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)