Nexen, CNOOC Team Up in GOM JV
Nexen has concluded a joint venture with CNOOC Limited in the Gulf of Mexico. CNOOC will receive working interests in up to six deepwater exploration wells in the area, including a 20 percent working interest at the Kakuna, Angel Fire and Cypress wells. Angel Fire and Kakuna are both located in the Green Canyon area and Cypress is located in the Mississippi Canyon area.
CNOOC may also participate in three additional exploration wells with a 10 to 25 percent working interest, said Nexen. The deal does not include the Appomattox discovery or related Norphlet formation prospects.
Ranked as one of the top leaseholders in the deepwater GOM, Nexen currently produces about 20,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: CNOOC more info
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)