Deep Sea Metro Takes Delivery of Drillship
Deep Sea Metro Ltd. has today taken delivery of the drillship Deepsea Metro II from Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI).
President & CEO of Odfjell Drilling, Simen Lieungh states:“This is the second project for Deep Sea Metro this year and fourth overall that Odfjell Drilling has successfully delivered since the Deepsea Atlantic in 2009. We are pleased to see that our site team and the yard have succeeded in every way, with regards to safety and schedule. The safety results in all our projects are very satisfactory, which is an important indicator of professionalism and accountability in all aspects. With the delivery of this state of the art vessel, we are now looking forward to the operations ahead.”
Deepsea Metro II will commence its first drilling campaign for Petrobras in Brazil.
The vessel is a highly efficient, state-of-the-art 6th generation ultra deepwater drillship. It is equipped with the latest technology and with focus on zero discharge and other green rig features.
Deepsea Metro II is the second of two ultra deepwater drillships ordered by Deep Sea Metro Ltd. The Metrostar Group retains 60 percent ownership in Deepsea Metro I & II and Odfjell Drilling has a 40 percent ownership. Odfjell Drilling is also responsible for the construction follow-up, management and operation of the vessels.
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Billionaire Fredriksen Buys Rig, Ends Hyundai Dispute (Mar 13)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)