Premier Comes Up Dry West of Yme Field
Premier Oil, operator of production license 406, has completed the drilling of wildcat well 9/1-1 S. The well is dry.
The objective of the well was to prove petroleum in Middle Jurassic reservoir rocks (Bryne formation). The well encountered the Bryne formation with better reservoir development than expected. Data was acquired and samples were taken.
This is the first exploration well in production license 406. The license was awarded in APA 2006. The well was drilled to a vertical depth of 2205 meters below the sea surface and was terminated in the Skagerrak formation in the Upper Triassic. The well has been permanently plugged and abandoned.
The well was drilled at a water depth of 87 meters by the Bredford Dolphin (MW semisub) drilling facility. The drilling facility will now proceed to production license 501 in the central North Sea to drill delineation well 16/5-2, where Lundin Norway AS is the operator.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)