Itochu Joins KKR in $7B Samson Deal
Japanese trading company Itochu is joining KKR in bid worth more than $7 billion for Samson Investment Co., according to a Reuters report on its website.
The report said that Itochu would hold a 25 percent stake while KKR (60%) and other private equity investors would hold the remaining interest.
The deal is expected to close as early as Tuesday, said sources according to the report.
Samson and Itochu couldn't be reached immediately for comment and KKR declined, the report said.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
- CITIC Resources, ITOCHU Sign MOU to Collaborate on E&P Projects (Jun 22)
- North West Shelf LNG Tender Goes to BG, Itochu and Statoil (Jun 19)
Company: Samson Oil and Gas more info
- Samson O&G Updates Montana, Wyoming Ops (Feb 28)
- Flow Back Ops Continue at Samson's Hawk Springs Proj. (Nov 28)
- KKR to Buy Samson for $7.2B (Nov 23)