Stone to Purchase Pompano, Mica Assets
Stone announced the signing of a definitive agreement with BP, providing for the acquisition by Stone of BP's 75% operated working interest in the five block deep water Pompano field in Mississippi Canyon, a 51% operated working interest in the adjacent Mississippi Canyon block 29, a 50% non-operated working interest in the Mica field which ties back to the Pompano platform, and interests in certain deep water exploration leases located in the vicinity of the Pompano field. The purchase price under the agreement is a $204 million cash transaction, subject to customary closing adjustments. The Pompano platform is a four leg, twelve pile fixed structure situated in 1,300 feet of water with 23 producing wells and production capacity of 60,000 barrels of oil per day and 135 million cubic feet of gas per day. The acquisition is subject to preferential rights, due diligence and other customary closing conditions, and is expected to close by early 2012.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Stone Energy Corporation more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Offshore US Oil Firms Talos, Stone Energy Plan $2.5B Merger (Nov 21)
- Pompano Gas Production Ramps Up Again (Jul 26)
- Technip Wins 2 Subsea Contracts in Gulf of Mexico (Jan 27)