Lundin Receives NPD Nod for N. Sea Well
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Lundin Norway AS a drilling permit for well 16/5-2, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Well 16/5-2 will be drilled from the Bredford Dolphin (MW semisub) drilling facility at position 58°44'43.55"N 02°37'58.20"E after completing the drilling of wildcat well 9/1-1 for Premier Oil Norge AS in production license 405.
The drilling program for well 16/5-2 relates to the drilling of a delineation well in production license 501. Lundin is the operator with an ownership interest of 40 percent. The other licensees are Statoil Petroleum AS with 40 percent and Maersk Oil Norway AS with 20 percent.
The area in this license consists of parts of blocks 16/2, 3, 5 and 6. The well was drilled in the central part of the North Sea, about nine kilometers south of the oil discovery well 16/2-6 ('Avaldsnes') and four kilometers southwest of the nearest delineation well 16/2-7.
Production license 501 was awarded on January 23, 2009 (APA 2008). This is the fourth well to be drilled in the license area.
This permit is contingent upon the operator securing all permits and consents required by other authorities before commencing the drilling activity.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)