Fred. Olsen Lands $1.4B in Anadarko Orders
Fred Olsen's subsidiary Dolphin Drilling has secured two contracts with Anadarko for approximately $1.4 billion. The rigs have been contracted for four years to support Andarko's exploration program offshore Mozambique.
The contracts entail the provision of the Belford Dolphin (UDW drillship) and a newbuild drillship currently under construction by Hyundai Heavy Industries.
Worth approx. $701 million, the Belford Dolphin-contract will commence on Jan. 1, 2012. This deal will be an extension to an existing contract scheduled to continue through April 2013.
The newbuild contract, with a value of $727 million, is expected to begin operations offshore Mozambique in the fourth quarter of 2013.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
Company: Fred Olsen Production ASA more info
- Fred. Olsen Semisub Wins BP Gig (Jun 08)
- Lundin Opts for Additional Well with Bredford Dolphin Semisub (Feb 29)
- Fred. Olsen Enters LOI for FPSO Offshore Vietnam (Dec 09)