Knowledge Reservoir Awarded Petronas Proj.
Knowledge Reservoir has been awarded a major project by Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas) for the Development of Workflows for Assessment of Unconventional Resources. This project will be executed in conjunction with Cekap Technical Services.
The project results from interest at Petronas in the development and deployment of Unconventional Resource Workflows and their capture in a Work Flow Process Tool (WFPT) designed to facilitate the in-house resource assessment of unconventional plays and the associated underlying hydrocarbon assets. The project will be global in scope and covers several unconventional resource types, namely coalbed methane (CBM) and shale gas / oil.
The project objectives are to:
- Develop a roadmap for Petronas to be able to classify, quantify and report unconventional resources as per industry standards and practices.
- Capture the developed roadmap in the form of a hierarchy of unconventional workflows.
- Deploy the workflows as a dedicated web-based WFPT designed to launch under the Petronas portal.
- Conduct a detailed assessment on a resource of interest selected by Petronas using the WFPT roadmap.
Given the requirement to deliver a reporting function for unconventional assets, Knowledge Reservoir will use the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) and World Petroleum Congress (WPC) standard definitions as documented in the Petroleum Resources Management System (PRMS) currently in effect.
Dr. Ivor R. Ellul, CEO of Knowledge Reservoir, commented, "Knowledge Reservoir looks forward to continuing a working relationship with Petronas and is pleased that this project award is an acknowledgement of our growing strength and experience in helping our clients gain a robust understanding of unconventional resource plays. Knowledge Reservoir is particularly well suited to execute this project given our complement of staff expertise and credentials in unconventional resource assessment, evaluation and certification, and in the development and deployment of workflow process tools."
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Knowledge Reservoir (KR) more info
- Knowledge Reservoir Awarded Petronas Proj. (Nov 14)
- Knowledge Reservoir, GreyStar Jointly Develop Producing Assets (May 28)
- KR Releases Deepwater GOM Knowledge Base (Feb 17)