Desire: Rig Contract for Ocean Guardian Amended
Desire announced that the rig contract with Diamond Offshore Drilling (UK) Ltd for use of the drilling unit Ocean Guardian for operations in the North Falkland Basin has been amended.
Under the amended contract an undefined number of optional wells may be drilled up to March 1, 2012, at which time the Ocean Guardian will leave the Falklands on a long term contract with another operator. Desire must declare the exercise of such options on or before the spud of the previous well in the campaign.
The rig is currently drilling well 14/10-9 for Rockhopper Exploration PLC who have announced they will follow this with a well on the Desire farmin area PL004b.
Desire is investigating all the possibilities to utilize the Ocean Guardian until the end of the contract.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Desire Petroleum more info
- Falkland Explorers Join Forces Ahead of New Drilling Round (Oct 03)
- Desire Granted Extension for Falkland License (Oct 31)
- Premier Oil Farms Into Rockhopper's Falklands Licenses (Jul 12)
Company: Rockhopper Exploration more info
- ERCE: Sea Lion Complex Could Hold 1.7B Barrels of Oil (May 17)
- Beach Energy Updates on Sale of its Egyptian Subsidiary to Rockhopper (Apr 18)
- Subsea 7, National Oilwell Varco Secure Sea Lion FEED Contracts (Feb 11)