Nexans Bags Asgard Gig
Nexans has been awarded a 75 million euro contract by Statoil to design, manufacture and supply a total of 165 km of static and dynamic power umbilical and power cables, as well as necessary accessories, for the Asgard oil and gas field in the Norwegian Sea.
Nexans’s specialized manufacturing facilities in Norway, Halden, Rognan and Namsos as well as Charleroi in Belgium, will be involved in the completion of this complex subsea project. Nexans will supply four lengths of power cable and power umbilical, each 40km long, two lengths of dynamic power umbilical, and 2.3 km of standard service umbilical cable.
Ragnvald Graff, Sales and Marketing Director of the Energy Division in Nexans Norway said, "Winning this power umbilical project as part of a broader Statoil project is a real testament to our technology and products. In this project Nexans will in close cooperation with Statoil push innovation and technology to fulfill the projects very demanding needs."
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Nexans more info
- Nexans Awarded Power Umbilical Contract for Jack/St. Malo Fields (Nov 04)
- Nexans Bags Asgard Gig (Nov 02)
- Nexans Completes Offshore Cable Contract for Espirito Santo FPSO (Apr 26)