Expro Wins Contract with Eni
Expro has recently secured a contract win in the Middle East with Eni Iraq BV, lead contractor of the Zubair Consortium.
The contract, providing chemical analysis laboratory work, for the Zubair field in Southern Iraq, represents Expro's first direct contract in Iraq and is recognition of Expro's expertise in the provision of analytical services.
Running for the duration of three years with a possible two-year extension and worth in the region of $12.5 million, it also serves as an opportunity for Expro to enhance its relationship with the leading operator in the Middle East /North Africa region.
The Zubair field is one of the largest discovered oilfields in the world and the Zubair Consortium has extensive plans going forward to rehabilitate and upgrade existing wells in the region while also drilling new wells from 2011-2012.
Expro made significant investment throughout 2010 in preparation for upcoming activity in Iraq.
Expro's region director, Selim Djandji, said, "This contract award is a great reward for all the effort the fluids team and the MENA region team have put in over the past 12 months. This award also recognizes Expro's expertise in the provision of analytical services."
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: Expro International Group more info
- Ex-Oil Workers Look to Grow Aberdeen Brewery, Employ More Ex-Energy Staff (Dec 01)
- Expro Opens Aberdeen Office (Mar 29)
- Expro Bags Subsea Services Gig in China (Mar 19)