SOCO Comes Up Dry Offshore Congo
The exploration well Mindou Marine-1, located offshore in Block Marine XI Congo (Brazzaville), has reached total depth at 3,515 meters. The well did not encounter oil shows in the target pre-salt section. The well will now be logged, and a full geological interpretation of the results will be undertaken.
This well fulfilled the Phase II drilling commitment on the license and is the first of a two to three well program on Blocks Marine XI and XIV.
Lundin Petroleum has an 18.75 percent working interest in the license which is operated by SOCO International.
- SOCO: Congo Baobab Marine-1 Well Comes up Dry (Feb 26)
- British Oil Company Soco Says No Longer Holds Congo Block Permit (Nov 03)
- SOCO Net Profit, Production Down (Aug 05)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)