DONG Spuds Zapffe Well in Barents Sea
Valiant announced that drilling operations have commenced on the Zapffe exploration prospect (Valiant, 10%), located in PL518 in the Norwegian Barents Sea.
The well is drilled by the Transocean Barents semisubmersible rig and is targeting a Lower Cretaceous/Upper Jurassic pinch-out play located adjacent to the large Goliat discovery made in 2000. Gross prospective resources associated with the Zapffe prospect are estimated by Valiant to be 170 mmboe (net 17 mmboe). The well is anticipated to reach total depth by early December.
Zapffe represents Valiant's second Norwegian exploration well following the acquisition of Sagex Petroleum ASA in July 2011. Partners are DONG (operator, 40%), North Energy (30%) and Front Exploration (20%).
In accordance with the AIM Rules, the information in this announcement has been reviewed and signed off by Terje Hagevang, Group Exploration Manager, who has over 30 years relevant experience within the sector.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Valiant Petroleum more info
- Valiant Farms out Handcross Prospect (Mar 28)
- Valiant Farms out Isabella Prospect to Maersk (Mar 08)
- Ithaca Makes Takeover Offer for Valiant Petroleum (Mar 01)