Strategic O&G Cites Production Tests at Sulphur Point HZ Well
Strategic O&G announced drilling results from the first Sulphur Point Horizontal well at Steen River. Strategic drilled 102/11-22-122-21 W5M as the first Sulphur Point Horizontal Well in Steen River.
- The well intersected an oil stained dolomite zone approximately 8 meters thick.
- The well is 662 m long and has been completed open hole.
- This well has not been acid washed or fracked. No mult-frac completion techniques have been used.
- The well was flow tested for 8.5 hours recovering fluid at a rate of 730 BFPD. Final water cut was 25% and most of the produced water is completion fluid.
- Strategic is expecting initial oil rates of between 200 - 400 BOEPD.
Strategic owns 100% of 58 contiguous sections (14,848 hectares) with multi-zone oil and gas potential around the Steen River Astrobleme. Strategic has mapped a 4-6 m thick Sulphur point dolomite zone over the 58 sections.
- Strategic O&G Cites Production Tests at Sulphur Point HZ Well (Oct 05)
- Strategic O&G Appoints New President (Jul 20)
- Strategic O&G Boosts 1Q11 Production by 150% (Jun 03)