Transocean Finalizes Acquisition of Aker Drilling
Transocean, a wholly owned subsidiary of Transocean Ltd., has completed the acquisition of 100 percent of the shares of Aker Drilling for NOK 26.50 per share.
This acquisition further strengthens Transocean's industry leadership position, adding approximately $1 billion in backlog as well as Aker's two harsh environment, semisubmersible drilling rigs and two drillships under construction in Korea.
Steven Newman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Transocean Ltd., said, "We are very excited about the opportunities this combination brings, both financially and strategically. With the close of this transaction we've immediately enhanced the overall makeup of our fleet, strengthened our position in Norway, and furthered our competitive position in the marketplace through the addition of high-spec assets and exceptional people. We'd also like to welcome the Aker employees to the Transocean team and look forward to working together to identify opportunities to grow our business, provide innovative solutions to our customers, and drive long-term shareholder value."
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Transocean Wins Multi-well NCS Contract for New Semisub (Sep 21)
- Driller Transocean Eyes Improved Lease Rates, Activity In 2019 (Sep 05)
Company: Aker Drilling more info
- Transocean Finalizes Acquisition of Aker Drilling (Oct 04)
- Transocean to Buy Aker Drilling for $1.4B (Aug 15)
- Vantage to Provide Construction Management Services for Aker Drillships (Mar 10)