Ensco Secures Eni Drilling Contract Offshore AU
MEO has been advised by Eni as Operator of the NT/P68 Joint Venture, that a contract has been awarded to ENSCO Australia Pty Limited under which Ensco will provide the jackup drilling rig ENSCO 109 and associated services in 2012 to support the Heron-3 drilling campaign in NT/P68 in the Bonaparte Basin, offshore Northern Territory. Eni has contracted to have one 70-day slot in order to drill Heron-3.
Eni has contracted with Ensco as part of a consortium of oil companies wishing to use the ENSCO 109 in 2012 for their respective drilling campaigns within Australia. The ENSCO 109 will be taken in direct continuation from PTTEP's campaign which is currently anticipated to complete in early March 2012. Eni will be the first operating party in the consortium to take the ENSCO 109.
Heron-3 is the first of a two well farm-in by Eni to the Heron gas discovery pursuant to a farm-in agreement under which Eni will earn a 50% interest in the Heron gas discovery and surrounding area by funding the drilling of Heron-3 and Heron-4. Eni also has an option to earn a 50% interest in the Blackwood gas discovery by funding a minimum 500 km2 3D seismic survey and drilling one well.
Manages 64 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: MEO Australia Ltd more info
- MEO Australia Seeks Shareholder Approval to Rename Firm as Melbana Energy (Sep 28)
- MEO Australia: 4 Companies Interested in Beehive Farm-Out Deal (Sep 12)
- MEO Australia Provides Update on Projects in Australia, NZ & Cuba (Aug 15)