AMEC Secures FEED Work for Cygnus Field
GDF Suez has awarded AMEC a Front-End Engineering Design contract for the Cygnus gas field development in the UK sector of the North Sea.
The contract includes work on the 'option to proceed' into the detailed design and procurement phase. Work will begin immediately and is scheduled for completion in 2012. First gas from Cygnus is planned for 2013. The Cygnus field is located within UKCS Blocks 44/12a and 44/11a. GDF Suez, which holds a 38.75% interest, operates Cygnus; Centrica holds 48.75%; and Endeavour holds the remaining 12.5%.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Aberdeen-based Jee Wins Enhance Oil Recovery Contract (May 21)
- UK's Oil Services Firms To Cut Jobs To Ride Out Price Slump (Apr 28)
- Amec Foster Wheeler Buys Scopus Group (Dec 15)
Company: GDF Suez more info
- UK Awards 27 Blocks for Shale Exploration in Latest Licensing Round (Aug 18)
- European Majors Team Up to Explore Arctic (Apr 21)
- GDF Suez Says Natural Gas Discovery Made in Southeast Algeria (Apr 20)