BP: Talks with Bridas On Argentina Deal Continue
LONDON (Dow Jones Newswires), Sep. 30, 2011
BP said Friday that talks with Argentina's Bridas Corp. over a deal to sell BP's stake in Pan American Energy continue.
Bridas is a joint venture between, China National Offshore Oil Company and Argentina's Bulgheroni family.
The $7.1 billion deal to buy BP's Pan American stake was initially agreed on Nov. 28 2010, to be followed by a 12 month period to finalize details and obtain regulatory approval, said a BP spokesman.
The 12 months is not an absolute deadline and talks could be extended if both parties wished, he added.
He declined to comment on a report that Argentinian politicians are threatening to block the deal.
Copyright (c) 2011 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- BP Is Said to Weigh Bid for $1.8B Italian Solar Company (Jan 22)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
Company: CNOOC more info
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)