Production Start Up Delayed at Guendalina Field Offshore Italy
Development of the Guendalina gas field is completed, and the field is ready to begin gas production, stated Mediterranean O&G, a partner in the field.
However, Eni, operator of the development, is delaying the start date by four weeks because of a technical problem relating to the company’s transportation facilities. Guendalina is now projected to come online late October 2011.
The Guendalina gas field is located 29 miles (47 kilometers) off the northeast coast of Italy in 138 feet (42 meters) of water. Eni operates Guendalina with 80% interest in the field, and Mediterranean Oil & Gas holds the remaining 20% interest.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- BP Squeezed Out of Abu Dhabi Offshore Oil as China, Italy Win (Mar 22)
- Eni Promises Richer Returns After Exploration Success (Mar 16)
- Egypt's Potential Gas Surplus Could Feed Global LNG Glut (Feb 20)
Company: Mediterranean Oil & Gas more info
- Rockhopper 'Well Placed' to Take Advantage of Low Oil Price (Sep 15)
- Hagar Qim Rig Completes Drilling (Jul 09)
- Eni Sees Further Problems at Guendalina Field (Jun 19)