Eni Buys GDF Suez Stakes in N. Sea Fields
Eni and GDF Suez have signed an agreement for the company to obtain a 22.5% shareholding of GDF Suez in EFOG, a joint-venture between GDF Suez and Total E&P UK Ltd, which holds a 46.2% stake in the Elgin/Franklin fields.
Through this acquisition, Eni will gain a 10.4% indirect participation in the Elgin/Franklin gas condensate fields. Eni currently holds a 21.8% interest in the project.
Located in the Central Graben area of the UK North Sea about 149 miles (240 kilometers) east of Aberdeen, the Elgin and Franklin fields are 4 miles (6 kilometers) away from each other in waters measuring 305 feet (93 meters).SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: GDF Suez more info
- UK Awards 27 Blocks for Shale Exploration in Latest Licensing Round (Aug 18)
- European Majors Team Up to Explore Arctic (Apr 21)
- GDF Suez Says Natural Gas Discovery Made in Southeast Algeria (Apr 20)