CGGVeritas Concludes Survey for Chevron Norge
CGGVeritas has completed acquisition of a 3D survey with BroadSeisTM, its unique broadband marine solution, for Chevron Norge AS.
The minimum commitment for the program comprised acquisition of a 3D survey over a 2,190 km2 area west of Bodø in the Norwegian Sea. Due to good progress the program was extended to 2,805 km2. In addition, part of the survey was acquired in wide-azimuth (WAZ) mode, making it the first commercial BroadSeis WAZ project. The survey was acquired ahead of schedule by the recently upgraded CGGVeritas vessel, Oceanic Endeavour.
Jean-Georges Malcor, CEO of CGGVeritas, said, "We are very pleased that Chevron has selected our BroadSeis broadband marine solution for their exploration in the deep waters of the Norwegian Sea. This contract offered an excellent opportunity for CGGVeritas to demonstrate the value of the technology relative to sub-volcanic imaging in the sub-basalt areas which predominates in the western part of the Norwegian Sea."
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Chevron Backs 2018 Production Rise, Eyes Share Buybacks (Mar 06)
- Chevron Expects LNG Supply Shortage By 2025 (Mar 06)
Company: CGGVeritas more info
- CGG Qualifies as Mexican Reserves Auditor (May 17)
- Karoon Engages CGGVeritas for 3D Seismic Survey in Permit WA-482-P (Jun 19)
- CGG: New Identity, New Acquisition (Jan 28)