Statoil, Partners Earmark $1.93B for Troll A Expansion
Statoil and partners have agreed to invest US $1.93B in the manufacture and installation of two compressors on theTroll A facility in the Troll license of the Norwegian sector of the North Sea.
The compressors, forming the final phase of the planned capacity expansion on Troll A, will allow production to proceed from the field until 2063. Considered a vital gas producer on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, Troll has a production capacity and lifetime that far exceeds those of the other NCS fields, stated Statoil. The company said that the new compressors also lead the way for the tie-in of gas from Toll West once the oil production comes to an end.
The compression phase of development on Troll, which will come on stream in 2015, will allow the facility to produce 120 MMcm/d until 2018, ensuring the ability to produce 30 Bcm annually until 2024.
Partners of Troll consist of Petoro (56%), Statoil (30.58%), Norske Shell (8.10%), Total (3.69%) and ConocoPhillips Skandinavia (1.62%).SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Statoil Has Room To Grow More In North Dakota's Bakken (Mar 06)
- Big Oil CEOs Appeal to Norway to Back Carbon Capture and Storage (Feb 15)
- Norwegian Police Investigate 2016 Hydrogen Leak At Statoil Refinery (Feb 09)
Company: Petoro more info
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: total e&p norge as more info
- Maersk Intrepid to Head for Norway After Delivery by Keppel FELS (Mar 24)
- Wintershall North Sea Well Comes Up Dry (Aug 01)
- 'Significant' North Sea Gas/Condensate Discovery for Statoil (Jul 02)