Oilex Notes Progress in Cambay Clean-Up Ops
Oilex advised that operations to prepare for well clean-up flow and production testing are continuing. Operations to retrieve down hole equipment, open up the remaining fracture stimulation stages and install production tubing will be conducted with a workover rig. Given the likely duration of this phase of the operations will be a few weeks, Oilex will provide the next update on operations when progress has been made.
The Cambay-76H "proof of concept" horizontal well is evaluating the production potential of the Y Zone interval of the extensive deep Eocene "tight" reservoirs in the onshore Cambay Production Sharing Contract area, Gujarat, India.
- Report date: September 6, 2011
- Status Preparations for well clean-up flow and production testing
- Past Week's Operations
- Sourcing rig and equipment for the planned operation to retrieve tools in well
- Successfully completed chemical cutting of coil tubing in hole
- Demobilized surplus equipment, personnel and services.
- Objective: Cambay Eocene "tight" reservoir Y Zone
- Total Depth: 2,740 meters including 610 meters horizontal section
The participating interests in the Cambay PSC are:
- Oilex Ltd (Operator) 30%
- Oilex NL Holdings (India) Limited 15%
- Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd 55%
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)