TGS, Fugro Team Up in Greenland Survey
TGS has commenced a new 1,000 km multi-client 2D survey in Northeast Greenland in partnership with Fugro.
This survey will enable customers to prepare for the announced Greenland Licensing Round in 2012/2013 and will significantly add to a data set that TGS has been growing since 2008 in this promising region. After this year's data acquisition, TGS will be able to offer approximately 4,500 km of new multi-client 2D data, a large volume of reprocessed multi-client 2D data and full coverage of aeromagnetic/gravity data over the basins that are to be included in the planned licensing round.
The new seismic data is being acquired by the M/V Akademik Shatskiy supported by the ice breaker M/V Fennicia and is scheduled to complete during 4Q 2011. Data processing will be performed by TGS and data will be available to clients during 1Q 2012.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company more info
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
- Schlumberger, TGS Begin 300-Block Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Program (Aug 04)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)