PetroQuest Cheers LA Gas Find
JGC announced that a large gas column has been discovered in the first exploratory well in Louisiana, USA, in which JGC holds an interest through its wholly-owned American subsidiary JGC Energy Development (USA) Inc. (JEDI). JGC joined in the exploration of the assets in November of 2010.
The well is located in a marsh area to the south of Vermilion Parish , Louisiana. The well was drilled to a total depth of 19,079 ft., with the gas column extending for 248 ft. in total.
Through JEDI, JGC hold an 9.5% share in the assets. The operator of the assets is PetroQuest Energy, Inc. (USA).
The well is scheduled to start gas production in early 2012. During the first quarter of 2012, a delineation well will be drilled to further investigate the extent of the gas reservoir.
This discovery of gas follows JGC's acquisition of an interest in the Eagle Ford shale oil assets in Texas and can be seen as a major step in the advancement of JGC's E&P business, which the company plans to further expand by increasing oil and gas assets in the future.
- PetroQuest Brings Louisiana La Cantera Well Online (Mar 21)
- PetroQuest Cheers LA Gas Find (Aug 29)
- PetroQuest Cites Re-Determination of Borrowing Base (Sep 30)
Company: JGC more info
- Australia's UGL Faces More Provisions On Work For Ichthys LNG (Jun 06)
- JGC Clinches $240M EPC Contract to Build Gas Processing Plant in Aceh (Apr 01)
- PETRONAS FLNG2 Reaches Milestone with Keel Laying at SHI's Shipyard (Nov 09)