KBR Bags Hyundai Gig for BP Quad 204 Proj.
KBR has received a letter of award from Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Limited to perform engineering design and procurement support services for the BP Quad 204 Floating Production Storage and Offload (FPSO) Project to be located west of Shetland Isles in UK waters.
The Quad 204 FPSO will be designed to meet the strict safety and environmental regulations for harsh weather operations. KBR has been involved in the Quad 204 Project since 2008, when work started on the select and define engineering of the FPSO. Services for the Quad 204 Project will be provided through KBR's offices in Singapore and Jakarta, Indonesia. This award follows the recent announcement by BP and its co-venturers, to progress with a major re-development of the Schiehallion and Loyal oil fields.
"This award follows on from the successful performances by KBR on BP offshore projects in the North Sea, Caspian Sea and West Africa thus solidifying KBR's position as a leading contractor," said Dennis Calton, President, KBR Oil & Gas. "We are proud of the long-standing relationship KBR has developed with BP and our growing relationship with Hyundai Heavy Industries."
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Hyundai Heavy Industries more info
- Hyundai Heavy Plunges by Record on $1.2 Billion Sale Plan (Dec 27)
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Billionaire Fredriksen Buys Rig, Ends Hyundai Dispute (Mar 13)
Company: KBR more info
- Australia's CIMIC Sues Chevron Over $1.4B Gorgon LNG Construction Dispute (Aug 22)
- Australia's UGL Faces More Provisions On Work For Ichthys LNG (Jun 06)
- Oil-Sands Slump Doesn't Feel So Bad for Canada Maintenance Crews (Jan 14)