Oilex Continues Preps for Production Testing at Cambay Well
Oilex advised that operations to prepare for well clean-up flow and production testing are continuing. Some delays have been experienced during coil tubing unit interventions to open up the remaining fracture stimulation stages.
After clean-up operations a flow test will be conducted.
The Cambay-76H "proof of concept" horizontal well is evaluating the production mpotential of the Y Zone interval of the extensive deep Eocene "tight" reservoirs in the onshore Cambay Production Sharing Contract area, Gujarat, India.
- Report date: August 23, 2011
- Status: Opening up fracture stimulation stages
- Past Week's Operations:
- Retrieving milling tools in well
- Run milling tools in well
- Repairs to coil tubing unit
- Initial flow-back of hydrocarbons and stimulation fluids from first fracture stimulation stage
- Objective: Cambay Eocene "tight" reservoir Y Zone
- Total Depth: 2,740 meters including 610 meters horizontal section
The participating interests in the Cambay PSC are:
- Oilex Ltd (Operator) 30%
- Oilex NL Holdings (India) Limited 15%
- Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd 55%
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)