Fluor Lands Caspian Pipeline Expansion Contract
Fluor has been awarded a contract by Chevron Neftegaz—one of three project managers engaged by the Caspian Pipeline Consortium—for its recently announced expansion project. Fluor will provide project services for the marine terminal and supervisory control and data system (SCADA) portions of the Caspian Pipeline Expansion project. The pipeline begins in western Kazakhstan and runs 1,510 kilometers west to the terminal in Novorossiysk, Russia, on the Black Sea. Fluor booked $100 million into backlog in the second quarter.
"This pipeline expansion is a vital first step to pave the way for numerous additional crude oil production expansion projects in the region," said Peter Oosterveer, president of Fluor's Energy & Chemicals Group. "As the original program management contractor for the first phase of the Caspian Pipeline project—which involved refurbishing more than 700 kilometers of pipeline and building an additional 740 kilometers—we're pleased in the confidence the client consortium has again placed in us. This expansion of the Caspian pipeline and terminal to increase oil transportation capacity is crucial to Russia, Kazakhstan and European economic stability and to meet energy demand."
As the project services contractor, Fluor is providing oversight assistance for the deepwater marine terminal expansion in Novorossiysk as well as the SCADA system for the entire pipeline. The project is scheduled to be completed at the end of 2014.
Fluor completed the first phase of this pipeline project with the first crude oil loaded onto a tanker at the marine terminal in October 2001.
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Fluor Corporation more info
- Fluor to Lead Engineering, Procurement for $2.4B Texas Project (Oct 10)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
- Fluor to Support FEED for Woodfibre Project Near Vancouver (Feb 17)