Schlumberger Unveils New Intelligent Completions System
Schlumberger announced the release of the IntelliZone Compact modular multizonal management system. The IntelliZone Compact system is the first in the industry to integrate modular components in one compact unit, which enables operators to optimize well production and reduce time to deployment.
"The streamlined process of design through assembly reduces time to deployment from the typical eight to 10 months required for conventional intelligent completions to only eight to 10 weeks," said Mike Garding, president, Schlumberger Completions. "The compact length and integrated assembly of the IntelliZone Compact system makes it easier, faster and safer to deploy. This fully integrated intelligent completions system will encourage more operators to deploy intelligent completions technology."
The IntelliZone Compact system enables multizonal production management and selective control of multiple zones. The system can be installed in up to 15 zones, using only five hydraulic control lines. A software-controlled automatic power unit allows multiple zones to be controlled simultaneously and in real time, greatly increasing selective well control capabilities.
The system components are engineered, preassembled and pre-tested to work together as a single unit, a radical shift from the individual component approach of the past. The units are delivered to the well site ready to install, right out of the box, which decreases installation rig time.
Installation complexity and cost are reduced through the hydraulic multidrop module that allows for flow control valves to be deployed on fewer hydraulic control lines than with traditional systems. The IntelliZone Compact dual-gauge station provides annulus and tubing pressure and temperature measurements as well as the absolute position of the flow control valve choke.
The system is available for a wide variety of applications:
- brownfield wells with bypassed marginal reserves requiring zonal management,
- wells with water cut issues, compartmentalizing long horizontal wells,
- cost effective extended well testing,
- commingled-flow completions to accelerate well productivity and allow back allocation and zonal control in artificially lifted wells.
- Egypt Says Signs Seismic Survey Deal With Schlumberger (Feb 14)
- Halliburton Takes Fracking Fight From Oil Field to Patent Office (Feb 06)
- Schlumberger Profit Beats, Predicts Strong 2018 For Shale (Jan 19)