SBM Offshore Clinches LOI for FPSO Lease Offshore Brazil
SBM Offshore announced that one of its Affiliates and Queiroz Galvao Oleo e Gas S.A. (QGOG), have received two Letters Of Intent (LOI), one from GUARA BV and one from BM-S-9 Consortium, established by the companies Petrobras (Operator, 45%), BG E&P Brasil (30%), and Repsol Sinopec Brasil S.A. (25%) for a twenty year charter and operation of an FPSO for the Guará Norte development in the pre-salt area, offshore Brazil.
The Guará Norte field is located in block BM-S-9 in the Santos basin at approximately 300 kilometers offshore and 2,300 meters water depth. The FPSO will include topside facilities to process 150,000 bpd of production fluids, associated gas treatment for 6,000,000 Sm3/d with compression and carbon dioxide removal, hydrogen sulphide removal, and a water injection facility for 180,000 bpd.
It is the intention that the unit will be owned and operated by a consortium in which SBM Offshore's shareholding will not be less than 49.5% and not exceed 62.25%.
The project schedule foresees delivery of the FPSO in 35 months from LOI.
The non-discounted total of the revenues payable under this contract to the consortium, excluding escalation and bonus, amounts to approximately US $4.5 billion.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Queiroz Galvao more info
Manages 2 Offshore Rigs
- Karoon Contracts Olinda Star Semisub for Drilling in Brazil's Santos Basin (Dec 24)
- QGEP Says Brazil Manati Field Holds 477 Bcf of Gas (Aug 13)
- Mayor: Petrobras Close to Suspending Contract for Two Platforms (Jun 09)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)