Chevron Subsidiary Spuds Well in Agbami Field
Pacific Drilling announced that its ultra-deepwater drillship the Pacific Bora commenced operations at the Agbami Field in Nigeria on August 10, 2011. The rig is contracted for three years to a wholly owned Chevron subsidiary.
The Pacific Bora is capable of operating in water depths of up to 10,000 feet and drilling wells 37,500 feet deep.
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Pacific Drilling Limited more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- At $500 Million A Pop, It's An Oil Gamble That Has No Precedent (Sep 20)
- Pacific Drilling Cancels Contract with SHI to Build Pacific Zonda Drillship (Oct 30)
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Rig Worker Dies in Accident (Oct 21)