Det norske to Spin Bit in Southern North Sea
Det norske received Petroleum Safety Authority Norway's (PSA) consent to drill the Ulvetanna prospect, with exploration well 3/4-2S, yesterday. The prospect is located in block 3/4 in production license 356 in the southern North Sea.
The well will be drilled with the jack-up rig Maersk Guardian. Planned start-up is in the end of the third quarter of this year.
The main objective of the drilling is oil in the Ekofisk- and Tor formations. The well will be drilled to a depth of approximately 3,050 meters. Water depth in the area is 51 meters.
Det norske is the operator of the license with a 60 percent stake. Repsol entered the license last year, and has 40 percent stake. The license was awarded in APA 2005.
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)