Lundin, Partners Submit Field Development Plan for Brynhild Field
Lundin as operator has, with its partners Noreco and Talisman, submitted a plan for development and operation (PDO) for the Brynhild field (formerly called Nemo) to the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy. The Brynhild field is an oil field located in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea. First production from the Brynhild field in PL148 is expected in late 2013.
The Brynhild field is located adjacent to the Norwegian – United Kingdom (UK) international border. The PDO includes three wells and pipelines/umbilical tied back to the existing Shell operated Pierce field infrastructure in the UK sector of the North Sea. Brynhild holds 22 million barrels of oil (MMbo) in gross proved and probable reserves with a forecast gross peak production of approximately 12,000 barrels of oil per day (bopd). The oil will be processed and stored on the Pierce floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel before offshore loading to shuttle tankers.
Lundin Petroleum has a 50 percent working interest in the Brynhild field. Talisman and Noreco hold a 30 percent and a 20 percent interest, respectively.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)