Subsea 7 Scores Major Contract for Gorgon Proj.
Chevron awarded Subsea 7 a contract for the Gorgon project offshore Western Australia. The work scope includes installation and tie-in of heavy lift structures in the Gorgon and Jansz fields, in a water depth of up to 4,429 feet (1,350 meters).
The project scope includes engineering, spools fabrication, transportation, installation and pre-commissioning of 20 subsea structures and foundations; 15 heavy spools; 48 tie-in spools; 39 electrical and 18 hydraulic flying leads; and 5 infield umbilicals and 2 associated distribution units. Project management and engineering will commence immediately with offshore operations scheduled to commence in 2013.
The Gorgon natural gas project is operated by Chevron with a 47% interest. Partners in the project include Exxonmobil (25%), Shell (25%), Osaka Gas (1.25%), Tokyo Gas (1%), and Chubu Electric Power (.417%).SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)