Oilex Completes Frac Stimulation Ops at Cambay Well
Oilex advised that the mobilization for the large volume multi-stage fracture stimulation of the horizontal Cambay-76H well has been completed with all equipment now on site and rigged up. The Black Pearl drilling rig has been fully demobilized from site.
In preparing for the start of the fracture stimulation program; a test of all surface equipment has been conducted, mixing of chemicals and loading of proppant and water to tanks is underway and coiled tubing operations are being completed.
The fracture stimulation program will comprise eight stages with two fracture initiation points per stage. The well will then be flowed to surface to remove stimulation fluids and clean up the well bore prior to conducting the flow test.
The Cambay-76H "proof of concept" horizontal well is evaluating the production potential of the Y Zone interval of the extensive Eocene "tight" reservoirs in the onshore Cambay Production Sharing Contract ("PSC"), Gujarat, India.
- Report date: July 26, 2011
- Status: Preparing for fracture stimulation operations
- Past Week's Operations:
- Demobilizing drilling rig
- Mobilizing and rigging up fracture stimulation equipment
- Objective: Cambay Eocene "tight" reservoir Y Zone
- Total Depth (TD): 2,740 meters including 610 meters horizontal section
The participating interests in the Cambay PSC are:
- Oilex Ltd (Operator) 30%
- Oilex NL Holdings (India) Limited 15%
- Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd 55%
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)