Magellan, Santos Finalize Evans Shoal Talks
Magellan and Santos have now finalized discussions regarding an appropriate resolution of all remaining issues relating to the non-closure of the Evans Shoal transaction. The Company and Santos have agreed that $10 million of the sums deposited in connection with the Evans Shoal transaction will be returned to the Company and that the Asset Sale Deed should be terminated.
The process of unwinding the Evans Shoal transaction has allowed the Company and Santos to look at their joint operations in the Northern Territory, Australia. This has lead to productive discussions towards rationalizing and more efficiently exploiting their respective interests in the Amadeus Basin, and creating new commercial opportunities. The Company is working with Santos to satisfactorily conclude these discussions in the near term.
- Magellan Sells Australia's Mereenie Field Bonus Rights to Macquarie Bank (May 20)
- Magellan Reappoints Ex-Chief Financial Officer (Jun 11)
- Oilfield Discovered Onshore UK near London's Gatwick Airport (Oct 24)
Company: Santos Ltd. more info
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)