Statoil to Spin Bit at Visund Sor
Statoil has received consent to use the Ocean Vanguard mobile facility in the northern part of the North Sea.
The consent relates to drilling of three production wells on Visund Sør. The plan is to partially complete all three wells, 34/8-V-4 BY1H/BY2H, 34/8-V-3 H, 34/8-V-1 BY1H/BY2H, with Ocean Vanguard.
Visund Sør is located approx. nine kilometers southwest of the Visund field, and approx. 125 kilometers from land, Værlandet in Askvoll, Sogn og Fjordane.
The earliest possible start date for the operation on Visund Sør is in the beginning of August 2011. The operation has an expected duration of 300 days.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)