BHP Billiton, Petrohawk Terminate Waiting Period
BHP Billiton and Petrohawk announced that on July 22, 2011, BHP Billiton and Petrohawk received notice from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission of early termination of the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act in relation to BHP Billiton’s tender offer for all of the issued and outstanding shares of common stock of Petrohawk for $38.75 per share in cash.
The documents related to the tender offer are being filed with the SEC today. As previously announced, the tender offer has been unanimously recommended by the Petrohawk board of directors and is being made pursuant to the merger agreement between BHP Billiton and Petrohawk. The tender offer is scheduled to expire at midnight, New York City time, at the end of Friday, 19 August 2011, unless the tender offer is extended or earlier terminated in accordance with the rules and regulations of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the merger agreement.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Petrohawk Energy more info
- Ex-Petrohawk CEO to Head $550M Re-Capitalized Ram Energy (Dec 22)
- BHP Billiton Completes Petrohawk Acquisition (Aug 26)
- BHP Billiton-Petrohawk Deal Gets Final Nod (Aug 18)