Penspen Lands 2nd PMS Contract with Al-Khafji Joint Operations
Penspen has been awarded a new five-year contract to provide project management services (PMS) to Al-Khafji Joint Operations (KJO), a joint venture between Aramco Gulf Operations and Kuwait Gulf Oil Company, in its development of the Khafji and Hout Fields on the Kuwait / Saudi Arabia border.
The contract follows on from the previous PMS contract awarded to Penspen by KJO in 2005. The scope of works includes all aspects of managing the engineering, detailed design, procurement and construction of KJO's oil and gas projects in Khafji. Penspen's core project management team will be based on site with a number of satellite teams based in Contractors' offices around the world.
The project is expected to employ approximately 200 people for five years and will include major onshore and offshore Field Development from FEED through Tendering, Detailed Design and Construction. Specific services provided will include:
- Review of Design Basis and Scoping Papers(DBSP) for all KJO Projects
- Supervise FEED Preparation by other Engineering Contractors and issue tender for EPC Contracts
- Commercial and Technical Review of EPC Contractors Bids
- Technical Review and Approval of EPC Contractors Design by Satellite Team
- Follow up Material Procurement and Supervise Construction and Commissioning
- Technical Support to KJO and Satellite Teams from Core Team
- Contract Administration and Project Controls for all KJO Projects
In February this year, Penspen won The British Business Forum Award of Merit at The British Business Forum Excellence Awards in Kuwait for its previous exemplary work on the contract.
Penspen's Director of PMS, Chris Williams, said, "We are delighted to have been re-awarded this contract. Our work in Saudi Arabia for Khafji Joint Operations builds on our many decades of experience in the region. It is one of our key objectives to provide outstanding technical service for our clients, and in doing so, to establish successful long-term client relations. We very much look forward to working with KJO for the next five years."
KJO Executive Director, Projects, Jamal Jaafar, said, "KJO are pleased with Dar/Penspen's previous contract performance and happy to renew this working association for another 5 years. This clearly gives uninterrupted continuity to manage our Industrial Projects in an efficient professional way that we have come to expect from Dar/Penspen, and we wish them success in achieving the new contract objectives."
- Penspen Secures Das Island Services Contract (Mar 08)
- Penspen to Conduct Engineering Study for Offshore Nigerian Field (Nov 26)
- Penspen Acquires DPS Engineering, Gains Access to FPSO Market in Asia (Sep 30)