Phoenix Drills Ahead at Marathon Well
Petsec advised that as at July 12, 2011, the Marathon #2 well had reached a measured depth of 18,845 feet (5,744 meters), 7 inch liner had been set and preparations were being made to drill ahead. The well is projected to reach its total depth of 21,000 feet (6,500 meters) within approximately 2 weeks.
The Marathon #2 well is a follow up to the successful #1 well and is situated in approximately 8 feet (2.4 meters) water depth and is located approximately 900 meters from the #1 well location. The #2 well is designed to serve as a development well for the field as well as to test deeper exploratory reserve potential on the Marathon structure.
Participating working interests in the well are:
- Petsec Energy Ltd 8%
- Phoenix Exploration Company LP (operator) 65%
- Private Companies 27%
- Petsec Energy Reports Higher Reserves at An Nagyah Oilfield in Yemen (Mar 15)
- Petsec Energy Acquires 100% Stake in Damis Production License (Feb 05)
- Petsec Energy Completes Acquisition of 29.75% Stake in Yemen's Block 7 (Oct 01)
Company: Phoenix Exploration more info
- Phoenix Reaches TD at Marathon Well (Aug 31)
- Phoenix Drills Ahead at Marathon Well (Jul 13)
- Hercules 204 Ready to Spin Bit at Main Pass (Apr 14)