Total to Fast-Track North Sea Atla Field
Total E&P Norge has submitted a proposal for development and operation (PDO) for Atla field to the regulatory authorities. The operator discovered Atla, formerly David, in October 2010 when gas-condensate was proven in the Brent formation.
According to plan, the operator will use the exploration well as a production well, and attach it to a subsea installation that will tie-in to an existing pipeline between Heimdal and Skirne. Recoverable reserves are estimated at 12 MMbbl of oil equivalents.
Atla lies in the central part of the North Sea, 20 kilometers northeast of the Heimdal field. Licensees in 102C are Total (operator, 40%), Petoro (30%), Centrica Resources (20%) and Det norske (10%).SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)