Wood Group Awarded Commissioning Services for Chevron's Big Foot Facility
Chevron granted Wood Group a contract to commission the Big Foot extended tension leg platform (E-TLP) in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico. Work will be carried out by DSI, Wood Group PSN’s commissioning service business.
DSI’s scope of work covers the entire commissioning process, from development of procedures, through inspection and testing of every operational component at the fabrication yards, to the final hand-over systems to Chevron. Big Foot is located on Walker Ridge Block 29, roughly 225 miles (362 kilometers) south of New Orleans, in 5,000 feet (1,524 meters) of water.SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)